The hands are the instruments of man's intelligence.
We envision an ideal school which:
- Fosters a community shaped by beliefs in Montessori values and quest for a peaceful world
- Is open to and supportive of all families who want to commit to the Montessori philosophy
- Promotes the Montessori philosophy and method in the school community, the community around us, and the professional education community.
- Enables our children to reach their full potential as independent persons, with a global perspective for bettering the earth and its community.
- Embraces innovation and advancements while respecting Montessori philosophy.
- Challenges parents and staff to "follow the child" in compassionate, noncompetitive way, and have faith that each child's individual development will delight us.
- Creates a culture of mutual respect, compassion, and goodwill, and inspires a commitment to personal integrity and excellence.
- Understands that children's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable and the classroom should be an open palate for them to explore.
- Recognizing that when they love what they are doing and learning spontaneously, without conscious thought, that learning becomes a Joy rather than a chore.
The Montessori School Rochester strives to offer every child a safe and nurturing environment to grow and thrive, while fostering a love of learning to last a lifetime. We believe when you offer a child freedom within limits, their individual possibilities are limitless. We work with our students to reach their greatest potential while
Nourishing the Spirit of the Child.
- To provide your child with opportunities to work and cooperate within a mixed age group.
- To encourage your child to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- To assess and challenge your child's individual cognitive ability
- To provide your child with a stimulating learning environment where they can work at their own pace
- To give to your child an education that is suited directly to their needs and learning styles
- To develop within your child love of learning that will last them a lifetime.